Friday, June 22, 2012


Ok, for those of you who know me, I suck at Illustrator. Back in the day when Macromedia was a big hit, I was trained in Freehand, very straight forward, no fuzz no muzz when it came to vector illustration... LOVED IT!!! but one day, poof!!! Macromedia is bought by Adobe and that was it for Freehand, I dabbled here and there with Illustrator but never caught on to it. Then Flash came along and since it was also a vector program and the line tool was and is the Bomb!!! Illustrator took a back seat to my creative mishaps of the digital expression kind, but now... turns out that in order to become a Freelance artist, I really need to suck it up and learn me some Illustrator!!! So here I give you my first attempt to Illustrator. Look familiar? why yes... very Kristen Ulve I would say, her illustrations are absolutely amazing, simple yet so much detail goes into them, every single time I go to her site, I drool at the amazing talent that she is and find myself constantly and eagerly going to her page for inspiration, she makes it look oh so easy!!! I hope to follow in her greatness one day and become a master illustrator!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment